How the 2016 Election Will Affect the Future Landscape of Healthcare Payment and Policy - On-Demand
October 25, 2016
Ilisa Halpern Paul, MPP, President, District Policy Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Nick Manetto, Principal, FaegreBD Consulting
What can healthcare leaders anticipate if Clinton wins the election in November? What does a Trump win mean?
Well-known health policy experts are discussing what healthcare leaders need to know about the 2016 election, and how it will affect the next two to four years for healthcare systems. The future of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), the impact of rising drug costs, the challenges of paying for value over volume and the impact millions of Baby Boomers will have on the system are among the many important issues that will be analyzed and discussed from both sides of the political spectrum.
Join Ilisa Halpern Paul, President of District Policy Group and Nick Manetto, a Principal at FaegreBD Consulting for this important discussion about likely healthcare policies for each presidential candidate and the new Congress that will convene in January.
Participants of this webinar will discover:
- The basic healthcare policy priorities of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as well as the health policy priorities of key members of Congress, and what these could mean for healthcare
- Hot topics healthcare leaders should be aware of, including the PPACA, drug pricing, health system delivery reform and payment changes, and other policy issues that will impact hospitals and health systems
- Understanding of the current and looming national landscape in which healthcare leaders will be operating in 2017 and beyond
1. Hillary Clinton's top healthcare priorities
2. Donald Trump's healthcare plan
3. The future of the PPACA under Clinton or Trump
a. Clinton: Putting the A in the ACA
b. Trump: Repeal and Replace?
4. Congressional outlook
a. Healthcare priorities in a Democrat-controlled Senate
b. Healthcare priorities in a GOP controlled House
5. Vice presidential picks: What do they mean?
a. Healthcare and Kaine
b. Healthcare and Pence
6. Other national agenda issues and their impact on healthcare industry
7. Q & A
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.