A Marketer's Guide to Physician Relations: Best Practices for Successful Sales Programs
Kriss Barlow, RN, MBA
Position your physician sales program for maximum growth
There’s no question that physician referrals are mission-critical to your hospital or health system’s bottom line. But increasing or maintaining referrals requires more than just an occasional visit to the practice. A successful physician sales program must promote quality and solidify your hospital as the hospital of choice for their patients.
Kriss Barlow gives you the keys to successful physician sales!
Take your physician relations program to the next level with A Marketer’s Guide to Physician Relations: Best Practices for Successful Sales Programs. HealthLeaders Media has teamed up with healthcare marketing superstar Kriss Barlow to bring you this new, must-read guide for developing, positioning, and enhancing your physician sales program.
Real-world advice and examples from your peers
Packed with real-world examples and healthcare-specific advice, this comprehensive resource offers more than 250 pages of content that will help physician sales leaders:
- Create and sustain focus and build on momentum
- Identify and hire the best salespeople
- Build internal support for the program
- Differentiate your organization from the competition
- Measure the ROI of your efforts
- Increase bottom-line referral revenue
Backed by years of in-the-field experience, Barlow offers numerous tips and examples from your healthcare peers who have implemented successful physician sales programs, and are reaping the rewards.
The eight best practices you need for success
Take a look at the detailed, focused information you’ll find in the pages of A Marketer’s Guide to Physician Relations:
- Best Practice Attribute # 1: Focus
- Best Practice Attribute #2: Senior Leadership Involvement
- Best Practice Attribute #3: Capable Staff
- Best Practice Attribute # 4: Ability to Measure Outcomes
- Best Practice Attribute #5: Momentum
- Best Practice Attribute # 6: Planned Integration
- Best Practice Attribute# 7: A Physician-Centric Culture
- Best Practice Attribute# 8: Ability to Differentiate
Put these proven techniques and strategies in place at your hospital to increase referrals, revenue, and your overall market share. Order your copy of A Marketer’s Guide to Physician Relations today!
Who needs this book?
Healthcare professionals in charge of physician relations and sales and anyone in the organization charged with growing programs will benefit from this valuable knowledge. Specific titles include:
- Director or VP of physician relations/physician outreach/physician sales
- Director or VP of marketing, communications, and public relations
- Director or VP of business development/business relations
- Director or VP of strategic planning and marketing
- Service line directors and C-suite leaders
Meet Kriss Barlow!
Kriss Barlow RN, MBA, Principal, Barlow/McCarthy, a consulting group focused on hospital-physician solutions. For the last 11 years, Ms. Barlow, a certified sales instructor, has used her extensive knowledge of clinical and business development to support clients in physician relations, retention and sales, physician recruitment, and medical staff development. A nationally-recognized healthcare speaker, Ms. Barlow has presented at conferences for the Forum for Healthcare Strategists and the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SHSMD).
Published: October 2007