Ambulatory and outpatient care can be a great way to increase patient visits, grow market share, and generate substantial revenue—but only if organizations follow the industry’s direction of providing broader access, delivering care with greater efficiency, and treating patients as consumers. This report uncovers the strategies and tactics providers are employing to make it work.
Gain insights into key strategies and spending plans, such as the following:
- What are the top areas where healthcare leaders are investing their dollars in the near future to grow ambulatory and outpatient care?
- How did Borgess Health build a new $29.6 million ambulatory health park that’s already producing a positive margin and pushing outpatient revenues above 50%?
- What are the challenges—and lessons—brought on by big-box retailers’ entry into healthcare, particularly related to treating patients as consumers?
- How has UPMC reduced its cost structure to support ambulatory care efficiency by renegotiating supply chain contracts, reconsidering appropriate staffing levels, and working more closely with its physicians?
- Why are access to care, the need to coordinate care across the continuum, and the ability to provide more efficient care are now as vital to market-share growth as maximizing the acute care referral base?
- How did Jupiter Medical Center succeed in applying a retail business model to determining the location, staffing, compensation, and service offerings of its new urgent care center?
- How is UPMC building a network of ambulatory urgent care and community outpatient facilities that target specific needs, such as children’s health and sports medicine?
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 8,000 healthcare leaders—plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 8,000-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, organizational size, region, and setting
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
- Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies