An Integrated Approach to Marketing Orthopedic and Neuroscience Service Lines
An Integrated Approach to Marketing Orthopedic and Neuroscience Service Lines offers a unique perspective based on the authors’ extensive experiences in both the marketing and orthopedics industries. Coauthors William K. Cors, MD, MMM, FACPE, and Frederick J. Barnes, MD, FAAOS, FACS, bring senior hospital and healthcare system management experience, and Michael Gilpin and Patrick T. Buckley, MPA, bring extensive experience as healthcare marketing professionals. Brought together, these authors provide unique composite insight from three different perspectives: physician, consultant, and practitioner.
In a clear and succinct style, this resource outlines the key marketing fundamentals and strategies critical for building and growing an accomplished, integrated orthopedic service line in the 21st century.
Blending the perspective of two physicians and two marketing healthcare professionals, this book:
- Provides a detailed road map for marketing and promoting today’s integrated orthopedics and neurosciences service line
- Brings together best marketing practices with best clinical practices
- Explains why the customer’s point of view must be your marketing point of view
- Outlines why marketing must be a collaborative, ongoing activity that involves the entire organization
View the Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: The Changing Landscape
- Chapter 2: When Marketing and Operations Become the Experience
- Chapter 3: Marketing Intelligence and Intelligent Marketing: Effectively Using Market Information
- Chapter 4: Positioning and Branding Your Service Line
- Chapter 5: Blueprint Your Investment: The Ortho/Neuro Marketing Plan
- Chapter 6: Marketing Communications and Promotion
- Chapter 7: Mirror-Mirror: Internal Marketing
- Chapter 8: A Peek Into the Future: Marketing Orthopedics and Neuroscience
About the Authors
Patrick T. Buckley, MPA, is president and CEO of PB Healthcare Business Solutions, LLC, a consulting firm that assists healthcare organizations with strategy, marketing, and management. Buckley has worked with many of the leading healthcare organizations across the country, providing strategic consulting to academic medical centers, healthcare integrated delivery systems, community hospitals, multidisciplinary physician group practices, physician faculty practice plans, and healthcare associations. He has more than 25 years of experience in strategic planning, brand and corporate communications consulting, marketing, advertising, and strategic business development for the healthcare industry. In addition, Buckley is a recognized authority on service line marketing organization and marketing planning, particularly cardiovascular services, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, and women’s health.
Michael Gilpin has over 25 years of experience in healthcare marketing leadership in both for-profit and not-for-profit systems. He has provided critical marketing intelligence and tactical execution for targeted marketing campaigns and initiatives. He has served in varied roles, including director, chief marketing officer, and corporate vice president of marketing.
Dr. William Cors, MD, MMM, FACPE, is an experienced physician executive with a background that includes 15 years of clinical practice and over 15 years of executive hospital/health system management experience and experience as a healthcare consultant. He currently serves as the chief medical quality officer for Pocono Health System in Pennsylvania.
Frederick J. Barnes, MD, FAAOS, FACS, is chief of the department of orthopedic surgery at Pocono Medical Center in Stroudsburg, Penn. He is an orthopedic surgeon with Mountain Valley Orthopedics, PC, in East Stroudsburg, Penn. He is an assistant clinical professor of surgery at The Commonwealth Medical College.
Published: June 2013