How BCBS-NC Uses Cost and Quality Transparency to Drive Patient Choice - On-Demand
Presented on: January 26, 2016
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
*This webinar is a rebroadcast of the September 2015 event due to popular demand.
Presented by: Brian Caveney, MD, JD, MPH
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is determined to improve cost and quality transparency as payment models in the healthcare industry continue to evolve. Earlier this year, the organization unveiled an innovative public-facing tool for side-by-side cost comparison of 1,200 non-emergency procedures, free of codes and medical terminology, for use by patients of any health system or hospital in North Carolina. With many patients now turning to the Internet to find information about healthcare costs, BCBS-NC hopes that these tools will help healthcare providers use cost and quality transparency as a selling point.
Join Vice President and Senior Medical Director Brian Caveney, MD, JD, MPH, to discover what motivated BCBSNC to become a trailblazer in transparency, what tools and technology are leading the organization to success, and how payers and providers can work together to deliver the highest quality value-based care.
During this on-demand webcast, participants will:
- Find out what steps Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina has taken to move toward increased transparency, and what motivated the shift towards value-based care.
- Learn the history of BCBS-NC’s online transparency tools and how they can assist patients of any health system or hospital.
- Learn how changing payment models affect the way consumers make choices about their care.
- Find out why “data fluidity”—defined as easily accessible, comprehensive, and recent data—is crucial to delivering value-based care.
Click below to hear a clip from Brian Caveney:
1. BCBS-NC’s groundbreaking tools for achieving transparency
a. Fully searchable cost information
b. Transparency tool available to the public
2. The motivation for change
a. Customer and market demand
b. Driving change is impossible without data
c. Quality and cost transparency as a selling point
3. The future of healthcare transparency
a. Cost, quality & their correlation
b. How value-based care will drive the need for transparency
c. The ideal relationship between payers and providers
4. Q&A (not live)
Meet the Speaker
Brian Caveney, MD, JD, MPH
Vice President and Senior Medical Director
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Who Should Attend?
C-level executives, physician leaders, marketers, finance leaders
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to this on-demand webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
Participation in this on-demand webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.