Diabetes Management: How to Engage Patients, Providers and Payers in Chronic Care
Care for chronic diseases accounts for about three quarters of U.S. healthcare spending. Some health plans and their provider partners are using prevention, integrated care and population health management to mitigate diabetes, which afflicts 25 million American adults and children.
Join leaders from CAC-Florida Medical Center and Humana to learn key strategies for managing diabetes to improve quality and value in the delivery of healthcare services.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will:
- Discover how leading organizations are effectively engaging patients in prevention measures with the support of their medical teams and the community
- Listen to individual experiences with diabetes and how shifting healthcare strategies can simplify their experience and reduce their cost for care
- Discover how payers and providers can work in partnership to optimize pre-diabetes and diabetes care management
- Increasing emphasis on wellness and prevention in eradicating both pre-diabetes and diabetes
- The role of technology in enabling constant, personalized communication with patients
- The role of integrated care in the progression from volume-based to value-based care delivery
Meet the Speakers
Dr. Sonia Michael, Chief Medical Officer, CAC-Florida Medical Center
Dr. Rajni Aneja, Strategic and Clinical Transformation Leader, Humana
Who Should Attend?
Top-level payer and hospital executives as well as organizations providing palliative care, hospice care, and long-term care.
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The ON-DEMAND version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! A $149 value!
Participation in the ON-DEMAND webcast is just $149 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.