Redefining What It Means to be a Community Hospital: Innovation at El Camino Hospita - On-Demand
Now available ON-DEMAND
March 17, 2017
William Faber, MD, Chief Medical Officer, El Camino Hospital (ECH), Mountain View, California
Most health systems and hospitals invest in clinically oriented innovation projects that stay close to the organization's core mission and expertise, with projects that have minimum ROI standards and fit within a broader strategic vision. El Camino Hospital of California has focused on patient-care innovation, including robotic-assisted surgery and cardiac care.
El Camino Hospital, a not-for-profit community hospital, has managed to develop a culture of innovation that has helped improve the delivery of care and adoption of cutting-edge clinical innovations. El Camino Hospital houses a world-class innovation institute on its main campus, the Fogarty Institute for Innovation, that serves as an incubator for start-up companies. Through clinical research, strategic partnerships, early adoption of innovations and highly-specialized clinical programs, El Camino Hospital is redefining the role of a community hospital.
Join El Camino Hospital's chief medical officer, William Faber, MD, as he outlines the innovation successes ECH has achieved—and how you can prepare your organization to embrace innovation.
Participants of this on-demand webinar will discover:
- Technological innovations utilized by El Camino Hospital and how to implement them in your organization
- Strategic approaches to early adoption of innovations
- How El Camino Hospital manages relationships with external innovation partners
- Plans for future innovation activity
Health systems and hospitals located in innovation hotbeds will definitely want to use this informative on-demand webinar!
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Four days prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
1. Overview of El Camino Hospital's innovation activities
- clinical research program
- external partnerships
2. Tech innovations utilized
- UV disinfection system
- robotic assisted surgery
3. Clinical research program
- physician lead clinical trials
- nursing research
4. Partnership with Fogarty Institute for Innovation
5. ECH - early adopter of innovations
- medical devices
- transcatheter mitral valve clip repair
6. Advanced expertise in lung care
- Interventional pulmonology
- Collaborative fellowship program
7. Future forward thinking