Creating a Successful Orthopedic Bundle - On-Demand
July 28, 2016
Graham Reeve, CEO, Baptist Health System
Gary Whittington, CFO, Baptist Health System
Bundling is not a new concept, but that doesn’t mean it's widely understood. Hospitals and healthcare organizations only know that it is another step in the shift to risk-based payments. The challenges organizations face in bundling are extensive: defining the episodes of care, defining care protocols, or predicting and managing resource use; defining, delivering, and monitoring quality outcomes; and setting price. The question many organizations find themselves facing is - how do we establish a successful bundled payment plan?
Orthopedic procedures, which have a fairly well-defined beginning (pre-op), middle, and end (rehab), are ripe for experimentation with bundled payments. While several payers have been offering bundled payments for orthopedic procedures for years, not all organizations have this experience.
Join CFO, Gary Whittington and CEO, Graham Reeve, both of Baptist Health System as they detail their experiences and expertise on orthopedic bundled payment plans, as well as their 6 other bundle plans.
This 60-minute webinar will provide a guide for addressing these main challenges: physician and patient engagement; resource allocation; claims processing; data analytics; standardizing supplies, equipment, and care paths; bolstering relationships with partners; and managing stark/anti-kickback regulations. Participants of this webcast will also learn:
- How to use data, understand what data is important and how to present it to your physicians
- The importance of communicating with your team to depict the program and what the ultimate goal is for the organization
- How to determine an internal infrastructure and governance
- How to implement post-acute care navigation
- Effective strategies for operational efficiency and physician alignment
- Why ortho? – A good starting point for bundling and its unique issues
- Data overview – Understanding and communicating the data involved in bundling
- Transparency – Communicating data to physicians enabling them to make quicker, better decisions
- Infrastructure – Setting up your organization and governance to be ready to bundle
- Physician alignment – Imperative for bundling initiative
- Operational efficiency – Keeping costs within budget
- Post-acute care navigation – Managing post-acute care and navigating patients through the process
- Competition – Strategy differences between being the only organization bundling in your market vs. one of many
- Q&A (not live)
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.