Determining Compensation for Physicians in Leadership Positions - On-Demand
June 30, 2016
David Taylor, FACHE, FACMPE
Corporate Vice President
Cox Health, Springfield, Missouri
There are numerous factors to consider when compensating physicians serving in leadership or medical directorship positions, and no standard blueprint for organizations to follow. Challenges may include regulatory issues, accounting for various ratios of clinical and administrative work, and more. Nonetheless, organizations have to look at the big picture in aligning physician executive incentives with organizational goals.
Join David Taylor, Corporate Vice President of Cox Health as he discusses how to value and compensate a physician who serves in a leadership role. This 60-minute on-demand webinar with an industry peer will help you to:
- Understand the different types of roles physician leaders play across an organization
- Understand how to develop a compensation methodology/plan for physician leaders that meets both the individual’s and the organization’s needs
- Appreciate and understand fair market value and commercial reasonableness of the compensation plan
- Determining how to value and compensate a physician who serves in a leadership role.
- Understanding the various roles and responsibilities of physician leaders within an organization, and the spectrum of clinical-administrative workload physicians may take on.
- Working with the physician to establish expectations as a leader.
- Employment agreement/contract defining responsibilities, roles, obligations, compensation
- Performance targets to achieve bonus compensation
- Developing a structure that offers incentives the help the organization accomplish its mission and goals.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.