HealthLeaders Media Insider: HCAHPS
How to Use Patient Experience Scores to Engage Patients and Protect Revenue
HCAHPS gets the attention of healthcare leaders because it is a reporting requirement for most organizations, the results are public, and the scores influence reimbursement dollars.
This new collection of articles and resources reveals how healthcare providers are using HCAHPS scores to engage patients and staff and protect revenue, and how you can apply our proprietary research findings on HCAHPS and patient experience to your own organization.
You’ll learn proven strategies for success and find out answers to key strategic questions, including:
- What specific steps did California–based St. John’s Hospital take to create a patient-centered culture, thereby increasing scores and improving value-based purchasing metrics?
- How is North Carolina–based Vidant Health incentivizing its staff to focus on improving HCAHPS scores?
- What impact could HCAHPS scores be having on readmission penalties, and vice versa?
- How do the scores at safety net hospitals fare against their non-safety counterparts?
- What key lessons did Twin Rivers Regional Medical Center glean from their initial patient engagement initiatives, and how did they overcome those downfalls to bolster scores?
- How did Cleveland Clinic improve patient experience through peer-driven physician-patient communication skills training?
- How did Wheeling Hospital’s ED achieve a dramatic turnaround in patient satisfaction scores through electronic patient tracking, alerts, post-ED outreach, and performance incentives?
Featured content includes:
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- IN DEPTH
- Better HCAHPS Scores
- Protect Revenue
- 5 Ways to Raise HCAHPS Scores via Staff Engagement
- Higher Readmission Penalties Linked to Low HCAHPS Scores
- Hospital HCAHPS Scores Beat Expectations
- Low HCAHPS Scores at Safety Net Hospitals Examined
- CASE STUDY
- Twin Rivers Regional Medical Center: Patient Satisfaction, HCAHPS Scores Bolstered by ‘Sacred Moment’
- No. 1 Goal of Patient Experience Efforts
- Tracking and Measuring the Success of Patient Experience Strategy
- FEATURED REPORT
- Patient Experience Beyond HCAHPS: Care Coordination and Cultural Transformation