Health System Success Keys for ICD-10—Physician Alignment, Support, and Technology - On-Demand
Presented on: October 20, 2015
Presented by: John Showalter, MD
Chief Health Information Officer and ICD-10 Executive Sponsor
University of Mississippi Medical Center
The implementation of ICD-10 is a few days past, and many people are still struggling to overcome the obstacles. In this expert webcast, hear from the University of Mississippi Medical Center's Chief Health Information Officer as he discusses how his organization overcame the obstacles of implementing ICD-10, the experience so far, and what to expect in the months ahead.
Participants of this webcast will:
- Review the details of various ICD-10 processes, including troubleshooting
- Find out what challenges physicians now face with this change, and how they are responding to them
- Discover how hospitals and health systems can support their physicians and coders through innovative use of technology
- Learn why ICD-10 is a major benefit to population health
- Achieving institutional alignment
- University of Mississippi Medical Center’s support operations
- Technology keys
- Role of natural language processing
- CMS testing
- CDI technology and SNOMED diagnosis calculation within the EHR
- Analytics dashboard and metrics tracking
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $279 value!
Participation in this on-demand webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.