Leveraging CG-CAHPS to Engage Patients, Physicians, and Staff: The Lakewood Health System Program - On-Demand
In the August 2014 HealthLeaders Media Intelligence Report, Patient Experience Transformation: Engaged Patients, Measurable Standards, physician organizations overwhelmingly identified the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CG-CAHPS) survey as the best way to gauge patient experience. Knowing how to effectively utilize visitor feedback to improve the patient experience can result in more favorable short and long-term outcomes for a hospital or health system.
Through strategic analysis and creative application of CG-CAHPS data across their six clinics, Lakewood Health System has been able to raise the bar on service excellence, ranking among Minnesota’s top performing clinics for patient experience. By increasing score transparency among staff and patients and launching innovative programs to engage patients in care improvement, Lakewood was able to create a sustainable and physician-driven model of exceptional patient experience.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will:
- Understand the dynamic nature of CG-CAHPS in today’s healthcare environment
- Discover strategies to interpret CG-CAHPS scores and apply them to care improvement initiatives
- Learn effective ways to collect immediate and honest patient feedback
- Find out how to encourage staff buy-in and ownership of scores
- Learn some of the challenges associated with a cultural shift for transparency
- The Importance of CG-CAHPS in Today’s Consumer World
- How CG-CAHPS has evolved from visit-specific to retrospective measurements
- Using CG-CAHPS as a barometer for patient experience
- The national standard for objective reporting of patient experience
- Comparisons across competitive organizations
- Using Scores to Improve Patient care
- Applying patient feedback to specific clinical programs (Lakewood’s dementia program example)
- “Scripting” staff responses to improve key areas, such as safety, confidentiality, and hygiene
- Taking a multi-disciplinary approach to patient engagement improvement
- Lakewood’s Experience Council initiatives
- The Voice –enabling patients and employees to provide confidential, online feedback
- Flash Mobs –engaging family members, patients, and employees in feedback focus sessions
- Enhanced communication training
- Securing leadership and Staff Buy-In
- Strategies for improving physician ownership
- Embracing the cultural shift for transparency
- Q&A (not live)
Meet the Speakers
VP of Clinical Services
Lakewood Health System
Jennifer Strickland, RN, BAN
Customer Experience Director
Lakewood Health System
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Four days prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $279 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.