Back by Popular Demand! Mayo Clinic & Vanderbilt Health: The New Social Media Playbook - On-Demand
September 21, 2016
Lee Aase, Director, Center for Social Media - Mayo Clinic
Cynthia Floyd Manley, Director, Content Strategy - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Social media is not just a bunch of apps for teenagers and millennials anymore. Social media is now a crucial part of strategy planning for all healthcare organizations, and might be your best tool for patient engagement, patient acquisition, and brand building.
Due to popular demand, Mayo Clinic's Lee Aase and Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Cynthia Floyd Manley are back to discuss which key platforms are still making an impact, leveraging social technologies to improve patient experience and drive engagement, optimizing your resources to ensure consistent brand messaging, and reviewing the platforms of the future—and which are on the way out.
This program will provide 90-minutes of an on-demand discussion and Q&A with these leaders, and attendees will learn:
- Cutting-edge social media strategies industry leaders are using to strengthen their brand presence and integrity
- How to interact, share, and engage in discussions that are hyper-targeted to niche audiences
- The importance of video and how it has become a critical tool for improving patient experience
- A plan for optimizing staffing and training to ensure consistent brand voice
- Biggest changes in social media over the past few years
- Pay for play
- Ephemeral platforms
- Direct messaging apps
- New platforms to embrace
- Hot new trend - Live streaming video
- Podcasts – a hot re-emerging platform
- Extending your social media footprint and expanding market share
- Will more social media return more patients? Anticipating the impact on volume
- What’s still relevant? Assessing new and most effective platforms and approaches
- Using Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms
- New kids on the block: Periscope, Snapchat, and others
- Using blogs effectively
- Using social media to improve patient experience & population health
- Patient stories
- Service recovery
- Branding and developing a common voice
- Strategies to consistency
- Training employees to be ambassadors and brand advocates
Meet the Speakers
Director, Center for Social Media
Lee Aase is director of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network, which builds on Mayo Clinic's leadership among health care providers in adopting social media tools. Mayo Clinic is a pioneer in hospital blogging and has the most popular medical provider channel on YouTube as well as active, popular outposts on Twitter and Facebook
By night, Lee is Chancellor of Social Media University, Global (SMUG), a free online higher education institution that provides practical, hands-on training in social media for lifelong learners. In 2013, he was inducted into the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame.
Cynthia Floyd Manley
Director, Content Strategy
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Cynthia Floyd Manley is director of content strategy at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) in Nashville, Tenn. She leads VUMC’s content marketing and social engagement strategies, including oversight of social media activity. Manley is a “journalist at heart,” having spent eight years as a reporter and copy editor at The Tennessean prior to her move to academic health care communications in 1993, when she joined VUMC’s News Office.
Manley has served a variety of roles at Vanderbilt over the past 20 years, including public information officer, publications editor, marketing manager and communications officer for Vanderbilt’s National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center. She serves on the external advisory board for the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network. She can be found on Twitter @cynthiamanley.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.