Millennial Nurse Retention: Bridging the Generation Gap -
September 8, 2016
Vice President of Nursing and CNO at SSM Health DePaul
In 2015, the number of millennials in the workplace surpassed baby boomers as the largest segment of workers. This future generation of nurses has very different career expectations than the generations before them. Millennials expect more feedback, greater collaboration, interaction with nurse leaders, an 8-hour workday and better work-life balance. Unlike their parents, they rarely intend to stay with one employer for their entire career—or possibly even more than a few years.
The shift in attitude has many organizations struggling to retain millennials and learning to adjust management strategies to accommodate their unique style. Join Kathy Bonser, Vice President of Nursing and CNO at SSM Health DePaul as she discusses the importance of leveraging the differences to create a win-win environment for staff and frontline leaders.
Take part in this on-demand 60-minute webinar to:
- Uncover how making changes in leadership behaviors can bridge the generation gap
- Discover new onboarding processes that support the growing millennial workforce
- Devise a structured approach to providing regular employee feedback
- Understand the importance and value of engaging millennials early and often
- Improving nurse retention, especially in the first year after hire
- Understand communication preferences
- Text or call? How to decide
- Use of social media
- The importance of strong onboarding and engagement processes
- Scheduled touchpoints
- Celebration of milestones
- The need for performance feedback
- The need for transparency
- Explaining the why behind decisions
- Seeking out nurse feedback and acting on it
- Shedding light on how their contributions make a difference
HCPro is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. HCPro provides 1.0 nursing contact hours for this educational activity.
*This will be a rebroadcast of the April 2016 event due to popular demand.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.