New Nursing Roles: Baptist Health’s Innovative Inpatient & Outpatient Models
July 19, 2016
Presented by Baptist Health Leaders:
Diane Raines, Senior Vice President and CNO
Mary Leen, DNP, ARNP, Director of Care Coordination
Tasha Thomas, MSN, RN, System Director, Inpatient Nurse Navigators
As many provider organizations redesign how they deliver care, nurses are taking on leadership roles (formal and informal), expanding into areas such as data analytics, and navigating the development of roles such as nurse navigators and care coordinators—all in addition to nurses’ traditional roles as frontline care-givers.
In this on-demand webcast, leaders from Baptist Health reveal how they are cultivating nursing roles within their organization, providing the skills training and staff structure to support new nurse leaders and translating that into improved metrics.
Join us for this updated 60-minute peer-sourced webinar to:
- Glean lessons learned from Baptist Health’s experimentation with new nurse leadership models
- Understand what key skills and training are necessary for an effective nurse navigator, including expanding the focus of care to the continuum
- Identify the primary responsibilities of a clinical nurse leader within inpatient care model
- Learn the specific outpatient model Baptist Health has implemented to drive primary care redesign through RN care coordinators
- Emerging Leadership Trends at Baptist Health and Beyond
- The clinical nurse leader/nurse navigator
- Funding new roles
- Developing a multi-disciplinary team for role development
- Inpatient Nursing Roles in Care Coordination
- Retrofitting and training the clinical nurse navigator role
- Communicating with nurse leaders
- Tackling quality metrics and discharge planning
- What has worked, and what has failed?
- Outpatient Nursing Roles in Primary Care
- Beginning with an integrated care organization
- Nurse care coordinators in primary care offices
- Q&A (not live)
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.