The New Patient Engagement Game Plan: Christiana Care’s Training & Technology
Patient engagement is becoming a crucial focus as consumerism takes hold in healthcare. Many providers are now reaching outside the box for more impactful methods to improve satisfaction, drive engagement, and secure market share—even drawing lessons from other industries such as hospitality and entertainment—to maintain and improve HCAHPS and similar measures.
Guided by The Christiana Care Way—a promise to partner with patients to add value to care through innovative, effective, affordable systems of care—Vice President of Patient Experience Shawn R. Smith reveals how Christiana Care Health System is becoming a pioneer. Under his leadership Christiana Care brings together advanced technologies, innovative training programs, and new business practices to invigorate patient engagement and dramatically improve scores.
Learn key strategies, lessons learned — from an expert source. With this program, participants will:
- Receive some of Christiana Care’s most effective evidence-based best practices for patient engagement and patient experience improvement.
- Learn how innovative training programs, including hospitality and patient experience simulation, can contribute to better quality scores.
- Discover which new digital technologies can be implemented to encourage patient engagement, aid nurse workflow, and support accurate data collection.
- See how integrating patient advisers into business decisions can strengthen quality improvement efforts.
- Maximizing the Patient Experience
- Creating an Engineered Patient Experience by Advancing Patient and Family Centered Care Practices - Christiana Care Way Behaviors
- After-Hours Committee Meetings
- Implementing and Executing an Effective PI Plan
- Intuitive Technology for Staff and Patients
- Infotainment Through GetWell Network
- Rounding Mobile App
- Staff Training
- Accredited Patient Experience Academy
- Simulation Training Using Google Glass
- Real-time Behavior Observations
Meet the Speaker
Shawn R. Smith, MBA
Vice President Patient Experience
Christiana Care Health System
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender list so this information reaches your inbox.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. You’ll be able to download the on-demand version. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $279 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.