Leaders' Guide to Patient Experience
Only $499 (a $1356 value!)
Delivering exceptional patient experience is a business imperative. Tap into best practices and benchmarks from leading organizations across the country with this Leaders’ Guide to Patient Experience.
Titles in the collection include:
- REPORT - Patient Experience: Cultural Transformation to Move Beyond HCAHPS
- WEBCAST - New Nursing Roles: Baptist Health’s Innovative Inpatient & Outpatient Models
- WEBCAST - Using Embedded Case Managers to Reduce Readmissions and Streamline Care
- WEBCAST - How Ascension Senior Living Creates Successful Post-Acute Care Partnerships
Patient Experience: Cultural Transformation to Move Beyond HCAHPS
This report, Patient Experience: Cultural Transformation to Move Beyond HCAHPS, reveals how a growing number of patient experience programs have moved beyond focusing primarily on training nurses to also include physicians and a host of nonclinical staff.
In this report you will:
- Discover how Cleveland Clinic’s REDE training program has increased CGCAHPS outcomes, resulting in doctor communication scores rising from the 18th to the 83rd percentile.
- Learn about the importance of aligning organizational culture with a patient-centered care approach.
- Find out how Carolinas Healthcare is targeting patient experience performance in specific service areas by using a process improvement effort based on Lean fundamentals.
- Gain insight into the infrastructure areas that healthcare organizations are focusing on for patient experience improvements over the next three years.
- Find out how Sharp Healthcare’s Experience program is complemented by Planetree designation efforts.
- Learn the top three areas where healthcare organizations say having a positive patient experience is most important.
New Nursing Roles: Baptist Health’s Innovative Inpatient & Outpatient Models
As many provider organizations redesign how they deliver care, nurses are taking on leadership roles (formal and informal), expanding into areas such as data analytics, and navigating the development of roles such as nurse navigators and care coordinators—all in addition to nurses’ traditional roles as frontline care-givers.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will:
- Glean lessons learned from Baptist Health’s experimentation with new nurse leadership models
- Understand what key skills and training are necessary for an effective nurse navigator, including expanding the focus of care to the continuum
- Identify the primary responsibilities of a clinical nurse leader within inpatient care model
- Learn the specific outpatient model Baptist Health has implemented to drive primary care redesign through RN care coordinators
Using Embedded Case Managers to Reduce Readmissions and Streamline Care
Assessing, planning, and coordinating care while trying to remain cost-effective has long been the goal of case management. Now, thanks to The Affordable Care Act, case management has the opportunity to make significant contributions to the healthcare delivery system, helping to improve healthcare quality and efficiency, decrease costs, and facilitate transitional care.
In this program, participants will:
- Discover how the use of embedded case managers can help to reduce avoidable hospitalizations and readmissions
- See where case managers can be utilized to free up physician and staff time during care transitions and follow-up
- Learn how case managers can collaborate with primary care providers to improve the effectiveness of a patient’s prescribed care regimen
- Review the advantages of embedded vs. remote case managers
- See which performance targets can be improved through case management programs
How Ascension Senior Living Creates Successful Post-Acute Care Partnerships
With the introduction of 30-day readmission criteria, acute care providers can no longer function as a silo - they must form partnerships with post-acute care providers to improve quality of care across the care continuum. These partnerships can promote better communication, patient hand-off, and outcomes.
In this 60 minute HealthLeaders Media live webcast, Mr. Jantzen will share his experiences at Ascension Senior Living including:
- The importance of post-acute care and acute care integration
- Outcomes from the development of post-acute care and acute care relationships
- Managing the cost of care across the continuum
- The evolution of post-acute and acute care partnerships as fee-for-value evolves