Early efforts at delivering value-based care have benefited patients and payers more than the providers who do the work. This report, Payer-Provider Strategies: New Rules for Facing Risk Together reveals how providers are finding new ways of caring for both patients and populations based on a better understanding of risk.
Gain insights into key strategies and spending plans, such as the following:
- Find out how UPMC Health Plan has saved nearly $15 million in medical costs since converting its primary care practices to its patient-centered medical home model.
- Uncover the key discipline that payers have mastered and that providers must learn, or at least better understand.
- Get examples of how North Shore-LIJ Health System and its CareConnect health plan subsidiary use shared data and shared clinical practice guidelines to align incentives.
- Discover how best to demonstrate organizational strength during negotiations with commercial payers.
- See how Crystal Run Healthcare’s care standards for diabetes patients helped to reduce office-related charges by about 9 percent and hospital admissions by about 14 percent.
- Learn how providers can turn the subject of negotiations from reimbursement policies to value-based care and risk sharing by focusing on breadth of care service offerings and extended access to care
- Find out how primary care physicians, specialists, and staff at Crystal Run Healthcare collaborated to implement effective care standards based on best practices.
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 8,000 healthcare leaders—plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 8,000-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, organizational size, region, and setting
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
- Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies