Are hospitalists, medical staff assignments, and paid directorships facing extinction? This report reveals why these classic staffing models are losing favor as clinical integration, clinical comanagement, and joint ventures dramatically increase. As admission levels and patient mix continue to change, discover how healthcare leaders are forging new collaborative working relationships and developing new productivity measures for both employed and independent physicians.
With this NEW report, you'll learn answers to key strategic questions:
- Why are independent physicians still expected to be in the majority (56%) compared to employed physicians (44%) in three years?
- What six key lessons did Catholic Health Initiatives glean from launching its clinical integration network organizationwide across multiple markets?
- Why do more than half (51%) of respondents expect to be pursuing population health within three years (up from 33% now)?
- What factors led Methodist Health System to select interventional cardiologists to participate in its early clinical integration initiative—and how will it help them extend clinical integration to other specialties?
- Why is ACO participation expected to grow from 41% to 55% within three years?
- How is Lee Memorial Health System using uncompensated care agreements in its ED to get independent physicians to support quality and satisfaction issues and care to provide compensation for no-pay patients?
- Why are more than half (52%) of respondents pursuing patient-centered medical homes (compared to just 39% a year ago)?
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest physician alignment strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 6,200-plus healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, andregion.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Catholic Health Initiatives, Lee Memorial Health System, and Methodist Health System
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in physician alignment
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming quality strategies
Subscribe and save!