Physician Compensation Under Population-Based Reimbursement
In this on-demand webcast, leaders from Summa Health and ECG Management Consultants share strategies for creating a new compensation model that accounts for practicing medicine in the new era of healthcare.
At the conclusion of this webcast, you will:
- Understand why a new model of physician reimbursement is coming into focus
- Know what’s at stake for physicians—employed and independent, primary care and specialists
- Gain proven strategies through a real-life case study from Summa Physicians Inc. and Summa Health Group
- Create a new set of compensation metrics centered on quality, access, and patient satisfaction, customized for your organization
- Understand the importance of cultural and emotional issues in changing compensation models
- Changes in physician compensation
- Why physician compensation is changing—short-term and long-term drivers
- The new success factors: quality, access, patient satisfaction
- The Summa Physicians Inc. story
- Assessing the readiness of your organization
- Getting the timing and pace of change right
- The importance of cultural and emotional considerations
- The need for flexibility
- Determining metrics and incentives
- Establishing the right metrics
- Determining the right physician incentives
- The tyranny of the RVU
- Satisfying specialists
- Creating a model for your organization
- Different focuses for different organizations
- How to determine the right compensation model for your organization
- Getting the risk-reward equation right
- Live Q&A
Jay C. Williamson, MD, CPE
Jay C. Williamson, MD, CPE, has been with Summa Health System in Akron, OH for nearly 40 years as a resident, physician and leader. As chief medical officer for Summa Physicians Inc. (SPI), he is responsible for providing clinical and cultural leadership, as well as directing policy and medical operations such as clinical quality improvement, utilization management, pharmacy services, medical policies and compliance.
Robert A. Gerberry
Robert A. Gerberry is associate general counsel at Summa Health System. Since joining Summa in 2002, Gerberry has provided counsel on all aspects of health care law with a focus on strategic and transactional projects, including mergers and acquisitions, affiliations, joint ventures, and physician alignment initiatives.
James W. Lord
James W. Lord is principal and head of ECG Management Consultants, Inc.’s Midwest Healthcare practice based in St. Louis, MO. His practice focuses on physician/hospital business relationships, strategy, operations, organizational development, and incentive design.
WHO IS ATTENDING?
CEO, CFO, COO, Group Practice Administrators, CMO