Physician Compensation to Drive Value: Models from Highmark Inc. and Texas Health Resources
As hospitals, health systems, and physician practices advance toward population health management, physician compensation is a key consideration. Physicians used to working on a fee-for-service basis are likely to be wary of a shift that may change their take-home compensation and work habits. With “a foot in two canoes of volume and value,” organizations must determine how to shift the culture and isolate the right compensation metrics to match different incentives.
Join leaders from Highmark Health Services and Texas Health Resources as they discuss strategies and metrics for implementing a value-based model of physician compensation. Register to hear lessons learned and best practices.
You’ll learn how to:
- Explain the shift in physician reimbursement and the implications of the new population-based model
- Understand necessary process and cultural changes surrounding physician compensation
- Create an organization-specific set of compensation metrics centered on quality, access, and patient experience
- Gain proven strategies through real-life payer and provider examples
- Market backdrop
- Transitioning from fee-for-service
- The physician’s role in Medicare
- Payer/delivery system partnership
- Insurance risk vs. performance risk
- Physician compensation models from provider perspective
- Transformation of delivery models
- Managing population health
- Incentivizing independent physicians
- Physician compensation models from payer perspective
- Moving employed physicians towards population health
- New strategies to drive values and behaviors
- Analytics and integration of data
- Establishing compensation metrics, such as activity-based work RVUs
- Investing in infrastructure and determining ROI
Who is attending?
CFO, COO, Group Practice Administrators, CMO from payor and provider organizations
Meet the Speakers
Mark A. Piasio, MD, MBA
Medical Director, Provider Strategy & Integration
Highmark Health Services
Chief Strategy Officer
Texas Health Resources
Who Should Attend?
CIO, CMIO, CMO (chief medical officer), CEO, CFO, CNO, Chief strategy officer, Chief innovation officer, Director of telemedicine programs, Physician leader
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $279 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.