Physician Entrepreneurs: The Quality Patient Experience
Improve outcomes, boost quality scores, and increase revenue
Wendy Leebov, EdD
Improving patient satisfaction is your practice's most effective business strategy
A quality patient experience directly impacts physician scores and rankings with private insurers and government agencies, boosts patient volume and retention rates, and leads to better patient adherence and improved medical outcomes. In short, improving patient satisfaction may be your practice’s best investment.
Physician Entrepreneurs: The Quality Patient Experience is built around the key areas covered in the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey that measures patient satisfaction. This book with CD toolkit offers quick-to-learn and easy-to-implement customer service techniques that physicians and practice staff can adopt today—without sacrificing productivity—such as:
- Tips and strategies for making the most of the limited time available with each patient
- Scripts and checklists to improve doctor-patient communication
- Guidelines for interacting with patients via e-mail and telephone
- Case studies of successful initiatives that boost quality and improve satisfaction
- Follow-up techniques for staff to enhance patient adherence and medical outcomes
- Easy ways to improve CAHPS and payers’ physician ranking scores
- Advice for improving the customer experience while using a laptop, PDA, or tablet
- Techniques to improve patient copay cash flow
Practical techniques and tools to improve the patient experience in your organization
Whether you’re an employed physician, a practice manager, or a physician owner, The Quality Patient Experience takes a business management focus and emphasizes the practical benefits of improving the patient experience. The CD offers ready-to-use fact sheets, flyers, checklists, scripts, worksheets, and report cards for everyday situations that you and your staff can put into use today to improve:
- Observation and feedback
- Greetings, handoffs, and goodbyes
- Handling difficult situations
- Telephone and e-mail communications
- Patient delays and waiting times
- Hiring, accountability, and employee recognition
- Communication before, during, and after visits
Who will benefit from this book?
- Physician leaders and owners
- Practice administrators
- Office managers
Meet the Author
Wendy Leebov, EdD, has more than 20 years of experience helping leaders launch and sustain far-reaching strategies that enhance patient/customer satisfaction, employee retention, and business results. A seasoned consultant, Leebov spent 20 years with Albert Einstein Healthcare Network in Philadelphia, where she served as VP of Human Resources and Associate VP of Organization Development. While at Einstein, she was responsible for strategic HR leadership, executive coaching for change strategies, board development, employee satisfaction and retention strategies, and internal communications.
Leebov has written more than 10 books for healthcare leaders, including Indispensable Health Care Manager, Achieving Impressive Customer Service, Service Excellence: The Customer Relations Strategy for Health Care, and Healthcare Managers in Transition. She is also the creator of on-line toolkits, leadership toolkits, manuals, and articles.
If for any reason Physician Entrepreneurs: The Quality Patient Experience does not meet your needs, return it within 30 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund—no questions asked. We guarantee it!
Save money when you purchase multiple copies! Ask your customer service representative about money-saving discounts and bulk orders. Call toll free 800-650-6787 or e-mail email@example.com.
Published: September 2008