As efforts to improve care delivery and value intensify, as does the focus on performance metrics, physician-hospital alignment has never been more strategically important. Healthcare organizations need physicians not just to accommodate change but to lead change as care delivery is transformed.
The Leaders' Guide to Physician Leadership compiles peer-tested strategies—from leaders like UnityPoint Health, Mosaic Life Care, and Texas Health Resources—for implementing effective physician leadership models that drive engagement in improving outcomes.
Titles in the collection include:
- Physician Compensation to Drive Value: Models from Highmark Inc. and Texas Health Resources [On-demand Webcast]
- HealthLeaders Media LIVE from Mosaic Life Care: All-In Population Health [On-demand e-conference]
- Physician Alignment: New Leadership Models for Integration [Research Report]
- Physician-Led Population Health Programs: New Skills for Success [On-Demand Webcast]
Physician Compensation to Drive Value: Models from Highmark Inc. and Texas Health Resources
Leaders from Highmark Inc. and Texas Health Resources discuss strategies and metrics for implementing a value-based model of physician compensation.
You’ll learn how to:
- Explain the shift in physician reimbursement and the implications of the new population-based model
- Understand necessary process changes surrounding physician compensation
- Gain proven strategies through real-life examples from the provider organization
- Create an organization-specific set of compensation metrics centered on quality, access, and patient experience
HealthLeaders Media LIVE from Mosaic Life Care: All-In Population Health
In this program, Mosaic Life Care leaders discuss how they are enabling the clinical transformation by building on core strengths, employing a Shared Savings ACO, and successfully expanding their vision to fully embrace a more expansive version of care.
- Discover a new care management model proven to support better coordination across multiple specialties, departments, and care providers
- See how Intermountain’s comprehensive care clinic has driven primary care transformation and improved quality outcomes for complex patients
- Learn how to use analytics to better understand the needs of complex patients and the common challenges associated with them
- Understand the role that community resources play in helping patients better manage their own care
Physician Alignment: New Leadership Models for Integration
Physician incentive schemes are in flux, with effectiveness metrics starting to replace productivity goals, making physician engagement just as important as alignment of incentives.
Find out how healthcare leaders are approaching physician alignment, and get answers to key strategic questions, such as:
- How is UnityPoint Health successfully developing physician leadership skills by utilizing a Physician Leadership Academy?
- How are savvy organizations preparing for closer relationships with payers by modifying their goals and performance objectives, giving special attention to protocols that ensure efficient and predictable care?
- How has Providence Health & Services strengthened alignment by expanding its hospitalist program to address the acute care needs of primary care physicians and providing tools such as integrated care management solutions?
- How did Covenant Health drive alignment by creating a series of service lines, each of which takes into account physician engagement and needs assessment, business and clinical analytics, financial and clinical quality performance, evidence-based practice, and employed physician performance and compensation?
- Why are improved clinical outcomes becoming as vital a concern as cost and efficiency?
- How does healthcare reform—the switch to value-based purchasing and the need to share risk—make effective physician alignment a strategic imperative?
Physician-Led Population Health Programs: New Skills for Success
Join leaders from the Jefferson School of Population Health and CHE Trinity Health as they define new expectations for population health management and outline the leadership skills necessary for physicians to direct a successful program.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain why physicians are best-suited to lead population health programs
- Identify the leadership skills necessary for effective population health management and primary care redesign
- Communicate effective approaches for physician leadership training
- Identify the top barriers to the success of your organization’s population health management model