Preparing for Ransomware and Surviving Today’s Data Breaches - On-Demand
July 20, 2016
Chief Information Security Officer
In the past two years, 81% of hospitals and health insurance companies have had a data breach. Healthcare data breaches are now prominent in news headlines, leading to healthcare organizations having a triple challenge on their hands. First, preventing breaches from occurring whenever possible; second, managing the risk and expectations, given that breaches continue to increase in number and severity; and third, increasing the ways that organizations can share information about commonly-faced threats and industry-wide responses to those threats.
Hospitals and healthcare systems are facing severe threats every day - such as the attack on Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles. Attackers held all computers hostage using a piece of ransomware. Computers were offline for more than a week until officials unfortunately succumbed to the extortionists and paid the equivalent of $17,000 in Bitcoin.
These threats are increasing at an alarming rate. Join Hussein Syed, Chief Information Security Officer, Barnabas Health as he discusses how new scripts and tools available to criminals have allowed threats to proliferate and how organizations can protect themselves from future breaches.
In this 60-minute peer-sourced on-demand webinar, you’ll hear about:
- The persistent, potentially life-ruining harm of medical identity theft
- How spam, phishing, USB sticks and other “social engineering” tactics have made employee education a critical part of breach prevention
- How healthcare is responding to its traditionally underfunded HIT security budget issues
- The importance of upward reporting to organizations board members
- Technology updates – The wide net of ways criminals can access healthcare data.
- Market for stolen healthcare data – Who is buying and the dangers of fraudulent billing.
- Medical identity theft consequences for the patient.
- Ransomware – An old threat is back, at scale
- Breach response – How to react in the first 24 hours
- PR and marketing strategies in the healthcare breach era
- Information sharing between systems – The power of shared knowledge
- Advanced persistent threats
- Outsourcing key data systems – the future of safety for healthcare organizations?
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.