Despite tumultuous changes in the industry, executive compensation in healthcare has remained fairly stable; but there is an increasing need for pay structures to evolve to meet changing policies and priorities. This report shows how fondness for the status quo in executive compensation, especially when it comes to incentives, can lead to unfortunate mismatches between how executives understand their goals and how organizations need to move forward with reform-related activities.
Gain insights into key strategies and spending plans, such as the following:
- What are the top areas where healthcare leaders are investing their dollars in the near future to realign executive compensation?
- How are the two main ways executive performance metrics are changing?
- Which key clinical performance parameters will matter more over the next three years?
- Why has Enloe Medical Center cut out all individual performance goals from executive compensation in favor of team goals, and what is the main thing it had to get right to make them work?
- What special role must CEOs play in guiding both boards and executive teams to establish and accept compensation structures appropriate for new industry priorities?
- How are a proactive minority of leading organizations already modifying executive compensation structures to accommodate value-based purchasing?
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 7,500 healthcare leaders—plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 7,500-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, organizational size, region, and setting
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
- Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies