Saint Peter's Healthcare System: Redesigning Care Delivery through Care Coordination - On-Demand
November 30, 2016
Garrick J. Stoldt, CPA, FHFMA, Chief Financial Officer, Saint Peter's Healthcare System, Inc.
Susan A. Klein, MSN, RN, CCS, C-CDI, Saint Peter’s University Hospital, Senior Director, Clinical Documentation & Care Coordination, Saint Peter's Healthcare System, Inc.
It's no secret that decreasing observations will help your hospital's bottom line, but sometimes finding the right way to get there can be a challenge.
While many other hospitals have had observations increase and reimbursements drop, Saint Peter's Healthcare System in New Jersey redesigned their care delivery system and reduced their observations- by 20%.
Looking at operations and statistics, the leadership team at Saint Peter’s Healthcare System discovered an elevated numbers of observations as compared to their peers within the region. Knowing they needed to change their process, they began to redesign their infrastructure, expanding the role of care coordinators and creating new roles around preventing observations.
Looking toward the future, they are continuing their redesign their process by making it physician centric, with the physicians and nursing staff collaborating to ensure appropriate patient status placement and correct documentation.
Join leaders Garrick J. Stoldt and Susan A. Klein as they discuss the intricate details of their strategy as well as how it led to successful reductions of observations- and increases in revenue.
Participants of this on-demand webinar will discover:
- The connection between evidence based medicine, value based care, and a reduction in observations
- The positive impact of improved care coordination on the revenue cycle
- Why CDI can be the key to reducing observations
- Training, staffing, and managing for reduced observations
- Evidence based medicine, value based care, and decreased observations: It's all interconnected
- Improved Training: New techniques and strategies
- Documentation evangelism: How to spread the word
- Why there needs to be a "CDI Czar" in your hospital
- Impact on the revenue cycle
- The revenue cycle and CDI: You can’t have one without the other
- Increased interdepartmental cooperation and staffing
- Increased prominence of CDI
- Increasing communication between clinicians and documentarians
- Physicians: Why they must understand documentation
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.