Mayo Clinic & Vanderbilt Health: The New Social Media Playbook
The days of social media as an optional marketing platform are over. It has become not only a critical tool for patient engagement and acquisition, but the deciding factor in whether an organization will lose revenue to its competition.
Having set the gold standard for social media performance, leaders from Mayo Clinic and Vanderbilt University Medical Center reveal what key platforms are still making an impact, how to leverage social technologies to improve patient experience and drive engagement, how to optimize your resources to ensure consistent brand messaging.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will:
- Uncover the cutting-edge social media strategies industry leaders are using to strengthen their brand presence and integrity
- Learn how to interact, share and engage in discussions that are hyper-targeted to very niche audiences
- Discover how video has become a critical tool for improving the patient experience, particularly during orientation
- Optimize staffing and training to ensure consistent brand voice
• Redefining the Benefits and Challenges of Social Media
- What’s possible? Overcoming barriers of time and space
- What’s shareable? Assessing the value of content and information
- What’s the return? Gathering social intelligence to define ROI
• Extending Your Social Media Footprint and Expanding Market Share
- Will more social media return more patients? Anticipating the impact on clinic volume
• What’s still relevant? Assessing most effective platforms and approaches
- Google Plus
- Visual Platforms: Instagram and Pinterest
• Using Social Media to Gauge and Improve Patient Experience & Population Health
- Video Tours and Introductions
- Patient Stories
- Service Recovery
- Listening Tools
• Branding and Developing a Common Voice
- Strategies to Consistency
- Physicians as Brand Ambassadors
Meet the Speakers
Director, Center for Social Media
Lee Aase is director of the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media, which builds on Mayo Clinic's leadership among health care providers in adopting social media tools. Mayo Clinic is a pioneer in hospital blogging and has the most popular medical provider channel on YouTube as well as active, popular outposts on Twitter and Facebook.
By night, Lee is Chancellor of Social Media University, Global (SMUG), a free online higher education institution that provides practical, hands-on training in social media for lifelong learners. In 2013, he was inducted into the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame.
Cynthia Floyd Manley
Director, Content Strategy
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Cynthia Floyd Manley is director of content strategy at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) in Nashville, Tenn. She leads VUMC’s content marketing and social engagement strategies, including oversight of social media activity. Manley is a “journalist at heart,” having spent eight years as a reporter and copy editor at The Tennessean prior to her move to academic health care communications in 1993, when she joined VUMC’s News Office.
Manley has served a variety of roles at Vanderbilt over the past 20 years, including public information officer, publications editor, marketing manager and communications officer for Vanderbilt’s National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center. She serves on the external advisory board for the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media’s Social Media Health Network. She can be found on Twitter @cynthiamanley.
Who Should Participate?
Chief Marketing Officers, Directors/VPs, SVPs, EVPS of Communication, Marketing, and/or Social Media
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The ON-DEMAND version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $279 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.