Specialty Physician Compensation in an Era of Performance Measurement - On-Demand
December 16, 2016
David Taylor, FACHE, FACMPE
Corporate Vice President
CoxHealth, Springfield, Missouri
There are numerous factors to consider when compensating physicians in various specialties, and no standard blueprint for organizations to follow. Challenges may include regulatory issues, accounting for time between clinical and administrative work, and increasingly, value-based performance metrics. Nonetheless, organizations have to look at the big picture in aligning physician incentives with organizational goals.
Join David Taylor, Corporate Vice President of CoxHealth as he discusses how to value and compensate physicians across a spectrum of specialties.
This 60-minute webinar on-demand with an industry peer will help you to:
- Understand the elements and variables of physician compensation plans.
- Recognize considerations for choosing metrics and performance indicators
- Gain insight into compensation models that balance physician production with outcomes
- Appreciate and understand fair market value and commercial reasonableness of the compensation plan.
- Gain insights for tracking and administrating compensation plans
1. Determining how to value and compensate specialty physicians
2. Understanding the various metrics and performance indicators that are relevant to particular specialties.
3. Working with the physician to establish expectations surrounding performance and incentives.
a. Employment agreement/contract defining responsibilities, roles, obligations, compensation
b. Performance targets to achieve bonus compensation
4. Developing a process to track and administer compensation plans
5. Live Q&A
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $299 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $299 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.