The New Patient Experience Model: Strategies to Leverage the Patient Perspective
Improving patient experience continues to be a top strategic priority for hospitals and health systems. Marketing leaders from Covenant Health and Studer Group will help healthcare executives understand the importance of creating a patient-centered culture, share actionable examples of experience improvement techniques, and demonstrate how marketing can promote and sustain the hospital’s patient experience strategy.
Register for The New Patient Experience Model: Strategies to Leverage Patient Input to hear lessons learned and best practices. At the conclusion of this program, participants with be able to:
- Identify the most effective methodologies to use to collect and measure patient feedback
- Implement clear-cut methods for establishing effective communication with patients
- Successfully recover from negative service encounters to improve patient experience ratings
- Inspire direct care and support staff to engage in organization-wide patient experience measures
- Solidify the linkage from employee engagement to patient experience to successful organizational performance results
- The Voice of the Customer
- Where are the opportunities to collect patient feedback?
- Internal and external: HCAHPS, organizational implementations, social media
- Initial touch points: Spotlighting, “warm welcomes,” open-ended questions, “thoughtful goodbyes”
- What are the tools an organization needs so that marketing can communicate the voice?
- Patient portals
- Huddles/brainstorming sessions
- Patient/family advisory boards
- Employee forums/round-the-clock meeting
- Service Recovery
- Accountability and the importance of recovery for patient experience
- Toolkits for service recovery
- Tangible takeaways for patients
- Training materials for staff
- Follow-up processes
- Connective Purpose
- Establishing marketing’s role in communicating the patient experience
- Creating full organization engagement, not just clinical caregivers
- Defining a new culture: Know the value of a patient to the organization
- Gauging your present state: How do you compare to your competitors?
Meet the Speakers
Cayce Kaufman, Regional Patient Experience Director, Covenant Health
Cayce Kaufman has served in healthcare since 1991. Her hospital roles have been multi-faceted from serving the patient on the frontline to the marketing department. Her years of service in healthcare include 6 years as a director for the American Heart Association where she was named Director of the Year for Texas. Presently, Cayce is the Regional Patient Experience Director at Covenant Health in Lubbock, Texas. Cayce brings a strong knowledge base of healthcare operations coupled with the ability to articulate the voice of the patient. Recently, Cayce was awarded the Values in Action for Dignity, the highest honor given within the St. Joseph Health System. Cayce has a Bachelor of Science degree from the college of human sciences at Texas Tech University.
Lynne Cunningham, MPA, FACHE, Studer Group
With over 38 years of health care experience, including 29 years as a strategic planning and marketing consultant, Lynne is uniquely qualified for her role as Studer Group coach and national speaker. She has worked with hospitals, health systems, medical groups and Organ Procurement Organizations all over the country to define, measure, and evaluate the perception of quality among patients, employees, physicians, and the community.
Who is attending?
Clinical leaders, Chief Experience Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Marketing Directors, Vice Presidents of Marketing, Communications Managers, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Leaders of Quality, Patient Care Executives/Chief Nursing Executives, Staff Development Leaders, VPs of Strategic Services