Using Embedded Case Managers to Reduce Readmissions and Streamline Care - On-Demand
Presented on: February 16, 2016*
Presented by: Joseph V. Agostini, MD
*This was a rebroadcast of the August 2015 event due to popular demand.
Assessing, planning, and coordinating care while trying to remain cost-effective has long been the goal of case management. Now, thanks to The Affordable Care Act, case management has the opportunity to make significant contributions to the healthcare delivery system, helping to improve healthcare quality and efficiency, decrease costs, and facilitate transitional care.
In this back by popular demand webcast, learn how Aetna Health Plan, by embedding its case managers, improved quality and clinical outcomes, as well as decreased avoidable utilization at provider organizations.
During this on-demand webcast, participants will:
- Discover how the use of embedded case managers can help to reduce avoidable hospitalizations and readmissions
- See where case managers can be utilized to free up physician and staff time during care transitions and follow-up
- Learn how case managers can collaborate with primary care providers to improve the effectiveness of a patient’s prescribed care regimen
- Review the advantages of embedded vs. remote case managers
- See which performance targets can be improved through case management programs
- The Value of Embedded Case Management
- Provider perspective
- Payer perspective
- Case Study - Case Management Programs
- Primary Care programs
- Advanced illness impact: Aetna Compassionate Care program
- Telephonic programs
- Case Study - Provider Collaboration
- Value-based contracts and programs in Medicare
- Quality and efficiency metrics
- Identifying patient populations
- Targeted improvement programs
- Case Manager as Extension of the Physician Office
- Q&A (not live)
Meet the Speaker
Joseph V. Agostini, MD
National Medical Director
Dr. Joseph Agostini is National Medical Director for Aetna Medicare, focusing on provider collaboration relationships and group Medicare plan sponsor performance. He has responsibility for medical management strategy, clinical initiatives, and value-based clinical engagement for Aetna Medicare members. Dr. Agostini is a graduate of Yale University and Vanderbilt School of Medicine. He completed post-graduate training at Yale-New Haven Hospital and a fellowship in the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program in health services research and clinical epidemiology. He is board certified in internal medicine and geriatric medicine. He was previously on the full-time faculty at Yale School of Medicine in geriatrics. His clinical and research interests include aging-related health services research, quality of care for older adults, and improving population health for those with multiple chronic conditions.
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The on-demand version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $279 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.